Captain’s Log: Day Present
When it seemed like my search for a Calm Brain was nowhere to be seen, finally, there is hope.
Entry One: Three Thoughts
Previous: If my Brain were one of those fancy computer screens, I’d have hundreds of tabs open and one of those tabs would be playing a terrible-shanty music video.
Honest: I understand not feeling great about having a lot of distracting thoughts.
Hopeful: I can solve this emotional dilemma and relax.
New Discoveries: Usually Works
I try practicing a technique of what I call, “The Merriment.”
Instead of allowing my brain to get distracted by negative things, I worked on combining the following emotional scenarios:
- This makes me angry/upset. (Yes, embrace this briefly).
- I will try to say one positive statement about this.
- Is there possibly a joke that can be made about this situation?
Possible Epiphanies : Helps My Brain Feel Calm and Relaxed
- Even self-proclaimed pirates like me can do this.
- It’s important to relate and laugh through the process.
- For every one negative thought, find two positives.